Open: March 10th, 2017
Position: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director
This position is perfect opportunity for a young professional who is interested in nonprofit management and programs to combat human trafficking, gender and domestic based violence, and improve access to health services and education for disadvantaged populations.
The Administrative Assistant handles day-to-day communications for the Executive Director and managerial staff and keeps the office organized and running smoothly. This position serves as the organization’s gatekeeper.
- answers calls, takes messages, schedules meetings, maintains calendar on Outlook;
- participates in developing PowerPoint presentations;
- provides project backstopping including secondary research and literature review;
- updates organization’s databases for consultants, marketing research and studies;
- attends/monitors seminars, USAID and Capitol Hill testimonies;
- provides general administrative and secretarial support.
Minimum 2 years of experience in an office setting;
BS/BA degree in international relations, international development, business managemenr or related field;
strong computer and communication skills (oral and written);
second language – Spanish and/or Arabic – and overseas experience is a plus.
This is a full-time, hourly position. Hours of work are 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday with one hour paid lunch.
Salary is $14-$18 per hour depending on skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime. A review will be conducted after 120 days for promotion to salaried position.
This position is immediately available. To apply, send a letter with a description of qualifications, a writing sample, and resume to:
Cynthia Turner, Executive Director